We are very happy to announce that the garden is finally open to the public again!
We want to make sure you can visit the garden safely, so we have put new temporary guidelines in place. To make sure everyone can socially distance properly, you will need to book a slot in advance, as we have to limit the number of people in the garden at a time.
The garden will be open on Sunday afternoons, starting from 9th August. There will be two slots every Sunday: 12.00 until 13.45, and 14.15 until 16.00. Slots will be released the first Monday of the month.
Glengall Wharf Garden is a peaceful green oasis at the east side of Burgess Park, in north Peckham, managed by and for local people using sustainable growing techniques and permaculture to develop the site as a place to build skills, community and well being for all our gardeners.
The Garden includes food growing beds, a forest garden, a healing yurt, beehives, chickens, ponds and a campfire. Click here for a site plan
Its free to join in with our open sessions and we are always looking for volunteers to help out in our garden or care for our chickens or bees.
The garden is otherwise run by volunteers in different working groups. We are currently looking for new volunteers in all of our working groups. Click here to find out more about each working group and how to join.
Our aims, as outlined in our constitution are as follows:
- Work with the local community to increase the understanding of healthy, local and fresh food.
- Promote food growing, organic horticulture, permaculture and other ecological issues through skill sharing and volunteering.
- Bring people together, building links within the community for groups and individuals.
- Help improve the local green environment in Burgess Park and the surrounding area.
- Help regenerate the local community, contribute to sustainable development in London and enhance the life of the park.
If you want to get involved, send an email to email@example.com. No experience necessary!
Any questions or comments? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org