Glengall Wharf Gardens is a peaceful green oasis at the East side of Burgess Park, in North Peckham managed by and for local people using sustainable growing techniques and permaculture to develop the site as a place to build skills, community and well being for all our gardeners.
The Garden includes food growing beds, a forest garden, a healing yurt, beehives, chickens, ponds and a campfire. Click here for a site plan
Its free to join in with our open sessions and we are always looking for volunteers to help out in our Garden or care for our Chickens or Bees.
Thursday – Grown in Peckham
Everyone welcome from 1pm for a shared lunch. Bring a contribution, and get gardening till 4pm every Thursday.
You will be working with food growing trainees who will help build bigger yields, and enable more produce to be donated to the Southwark Food Bank in Peckham.
Sunday – Open garden session
1pm to 4pm – Open to all
12:30pm – Bee group meeting
Monday – Little Gardeners
10am – 1pm – Playgroup open to under 5’s, all children need to be supervised throughout their time.
Our aims, as outlined in our constitution are as follows:
- Work with the local community to increase the understanding of healthy, local and fresh food.
- Promote food growing, organic horticulture, permaculture and other ecological issues through skill sharing and volunteering.
- Bring people together, building links within the community for groups and individuals.
- Help improve the local green environment in Burgess Park and the surrounding area.
- Help regenerate the local community, contribute to sustainable development in London and enhance the life of the park.
If you want to get involved drop in to one of our open sessions. No experience necessary!
Any questions or comments? Email us at: email@example.com