A full week of events to celebrate the lovely sunny summer that we have had and the 2019 Equinox. Come along for fun with all the family to one (or more!) of our free events…
Saturday 21st – 1-4 pm
HARVEST FESTIVAL – FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
A whole day of activities including….
- PLANTS FOR HEALTHY CHICKENS;
- HOT COMPOSTING TECHNIQUES;
- HISTORY OF GLENGALL WHARF GARDEN;
- GETTING CREATIVE WITH CROSS-STITCH;
- WILDLIFE-FRIENDLY GARDENING
- TREASURE HUNT
- WHEELBARROW RACES
- MEET THE BEES & FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THEM
- TOURS OF THE FOREST GARDEN
- TAKE SOME SEEDLINGS HOME WITH YOU!
- FOOD FROM THE GARDEN
- CAKE STALL, COFFEE, TEAS, REFRESHMENTS
Don’t forget we will be open as usual on the Sunday (1 – 4pm) with some extra activities as well.
Thursday 19th and 26th of September – 5:30pm – 7:30pm
LEARN HOW TO MAKE KOMBUCHA & KEFIR
Come learn how you can make fermented drinks.
We’ll be making water-based kefir on the 19th, (suitable
for vegans). And milk based on the 26th.
We will also do a session on Caring for fruit trees and touring the forest garden
Tickets are free at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fun-with-fermentationtickets-
Monday 23rd – Special Little Gardeners
The Little Gardeners session will enjoy cakes and special events, including a treasure hunt.