We continue to monitor the guidelines carefully and will keep this page up to date with the current rules and what this means for Sunday opening hours
We want to make sure you can visit the garden safely, so we have put new temporary guidelines in place. To make sure everyone can socially distance properly, we have to limit the number of people in the garden at a time.
If you would like to come along on a Sunday afternoon, you will need to book a slot by filling in this form.
DURING WINTER WE WILL HAVE ONLY ONE SLOT FROM 12 – 3 EVERY SUNDAY
If anyone local would like to join who does not have internet access, or cannot fill in the above form for any reason, they are more than welcome to come to the gate to speak to an on-site volunteer, who can take down details for them.
We’ve had to make a few other changes too:
- You will need to keep 2 metres away from other people in the garden.
- There are hand-washing facilities in the garden, and you need to wash your hands when you come in.
- We ask that you do not go into the polytunnels, shed, or tool container. If you’re not certain about whether you can touch something, please ask the garden worker or garden hosts!
- We won’t be serving tea and coffee, so please bring your own drink in a flask or bottle. Please do not bring food to eat in the garden (it’s fine to picnic in the park before or after your slot).
- We won’t be supplying everyone with gardening gloves, so please bring your own if you have some. We will also supply you with the tools you need, and disinfect them after you’ve used them.
- Please cover any coughs and sneezes (if you sneeze because of hay-fever it might be worth wearing a mask).
- Please do not come to the garden at all if you, or someone you live with, has Covid symptoms, or have been asked to isolate by a tracking team.
- Our current guidelines only cover adults visiting the garden. We are still working out how to make it safe for children to visit, so for now we regretfully can only have over-18s on site on Sundays
- We’re also asking people not to bring dogs with them.
We look forward to seeing you!