We are a group of local people keen to get growing sustainably in this part of north Peckham. We have a range of skills and experience, and will develop the site as a resource for local people to share skills related to food and growing.
Our aims, as outlined in our constitution are as follows;
- Work with the local community to increase the understanding of healthy, local and fresh food.
- Promote food growing, organic horticulture, permaculture and other ecological issues through skill sharing and volunteering.
- Bring people together, building links within the community for groups and individuals.
- Help improve the local green environment in Burgess Park and the surrounding area.
- Help regenerate the local community, contribute to sustainable development in London and enhance the life of the park.
If you want to get involved, check our calendar and drop in to one of our open sessions, no experience necessary!
Email us at burgessfoodproject(*)gmail.com