Soil sustains all plant life, yet many contemporary soil management practices damage the delicate soil ecosystem.
Benefits of healthy soil
Healthy soils are a critical component of sustainable living.
- Add nutrients into the soil
- Improve soil structure, texture and aeration
- Increase the water-holding capacity of soil
- Loosen clay soils and helps sandy soils retain watern
- Promote soil fertility
- Stimulate healthy root development
- Reduce reliance on petroleum-based fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides
- Reduce the need for irrigation
- Retain and filters stormwater
- Control erosion and stormwater sediment
- Reduce weeds naturally when applied as mulch